In this video, I reveal my first dropshipping store that grew into a private label brand with close to 7-figures in sales.
I outline the strategy I used with Instagram shoutouts to get traffic at the beginning, including showing you the exact ads I used. I also talk about the benefits of private labeling and how you can get started with third party fulfillment.
Lastly, I go over how I created original video content consistently using Instagram influencers to avoid ad fatigue and create engaging video ads for our product.
Here are the notes from the video:
- Noticed a massive spike in search interest for charcoal teeth whitening early 2017 which led me to start this store
- Started promoting with IG influencers using simple before & after ads like this:
- These ads were very profitable at the start because I caught the trend early and the posts were going viral
- Ran a lot of retargeting on Facebook and Google Search Ads for brand name searches
Private Labeling & Branding
- After a few months seeing the potential of this niche, decided to brand the products and switch over to third-party fulfillment (ShipBob.com)
- Started selling kits to increase AOV
- Ran influencer marketing campaigns to get original video content with the product, then used this video content to run FB ads and more IG influencer ads
Key Success Factors
- Good timing – This product was one of the best-selling products of 2017/2018 and I got in early
- Branding the products – This product became extremely saturated but we were able to stay profitable because of the branding and our original content
- Third party fulfillment – Using a third party fulfillment service allowed us to offer 2-5 day delivery time in the US
- Continually created original video content – We did paid collaborations with many instagram models/makeup gurus to get original video content for our ads. Having original video content helps you stand out in saturated niches