In this video, I do an in-depth case study of my store that is currently doing over $15K/day with just one product.
I start by giving you some info on the product that I’m selling and a basic overview of the store’s design. Then, I dive into my backend analytics to show you the stats I’ve been getting with this setup.
After covering the basics, I dive into my advertising strategy and explain how I took the store from $1-2k/day to $15k/day in just a few days.
- Low ticket (under $15 selling price, product cost under $1)
- Solves a problem
- Consumable → potential return customers, people likely to buy more than one
- Not available in stores
- New → “Wow Factor”
- Debut theme
- No urgency
- No trust badges
- One main color for the whole store
- Lifestyle photos in the product description
- Discounted cart upsell to increase AOV
- Improvement by elimination
Ads Testing Phase:
- Had previous LAA data but ads were not performing well
- Identified the problem: ads exhausted with my audiences resulting in a low CTR, making it hard to win auctions consistently
- Solution: testing a lot more ads
- If you think you’ve already tested everything, you’re wrong. Small changes can make a big difference by themselves, and those small changes get compounded with other small changes.
- For me, these are the changes that made the most significant impact:
- 1. Testing a short video (15-20s) vs. long video (40+ sec) – the short video did a lot better. My short video is just an influencer demo of the product sped up with captions explaining the product
- 2. Testing different scroll stoppers – after seeing that the short video performed best, I tested different scroll stoppers (3-4 second clips in front of the video) and found one that had a significantly better CTR than the control
- 3. Testing different Headlines and Link Descriptions – tested three variations and found a clear winner
- Tested new ads in a PPE campaign, since I had previous data I used my top LAAs stacked in one adset
- Once I found a winning ad, duplicated it into my CBO campaigns (into all adsets)
Ads Scaling Phase:
- After duplicating the new “winning ad” into my CBO campaigns, my ROAS dramatically increased (watch my CBO vid for the campaign structure)
- Hired an extra VA to reply to comments to help lower CPMs (GIF hack)
- Scaled by increasing budget 50% every day on profitable campaigns until seeing a noticeable drop in ROAS
- Hit the $5k/day ad account limit over the weekend and had to scale to a second ad account (now increased to $10k/day, easily increased it by contacting FB support via chat)
- Scaling is easy, testing until you find something that works is the difficult part
- Keep testing things even as you are profitable, ads & audiences get exhausted quickly especially when scaling
- Re-invest into content, otherwise, you won’t have any content to work with when testing ad variations. IG Influencers & Fiverr is the best way to get raw content to work with.
- When your ROAS starts to significantly drop after you scale, gradually scale down your CBO budgets and keep cycling in new creatives